Welcome to MavenFair. The services and network of MavenFair are operated by MavenFair™ Artisans & Crafters Market Incorporated and its corporate affiliates (collectively, “us”, “we” or “the Company”). MavenFair is a social e-commerce and networking portal that allows vendors to create an online store in order to trade Canadian handmade goods and services with other users.
- You must be 19 years of age or older or you will not be able to enter into a legally binding contract to buy or sell on this site.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada.
COMPLETE POLICIES LIST
We want everyone to have a very positive Canadian experience here at MavenFair so we have created guidelines and policies to help clarify your rights and expectations as users of MavenFair services. We encourage you to take time to read the policies that apply to you as well as the balance of this document.
Policies for All Users
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your username and are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not redirect sales, payments or promotions outside of your MavenFair account, whether done by images, video, url, innuendoes or any other methods or mechanisms.
- You will not fail to deliver items purchased from you unless the buyer fails to meet the posted terms.
- You will not take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems.
- You must not use MavenFair for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. Users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You must not breach any laws, sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties.
- You must not threaten, intimidate, harass or otherwise abuse any other MavenFair user.
- You are responsible for maintaining that the content you submit is your own and is not owned by others.
- You are solely responsible for your behavior and conduct on MavenFair.ca including use of all content and data including images [graphics and photos], audio and video clips, links and text [such as conversations] that you post to the MavenFair.ca website.
- You must not modify or adapt or ‘hack’ MavenFair.ca or seek to create another website or communication to users that implies it is associated to MavenFair.ca
- You must not transmit or seek to transmit any viruses or worms or any code that seeks to alter the behavior of the MavenFair.ca site or that is in any way destructive.
- You must not produce unwanted communications [spam] to other users of MavenFair.
- Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your account. While MavenFair prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that MavenFair is a venue and as such, is not responsible for the content posted on its website and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the MavenFair.ca service at your own risk.
MavenFair's services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Services are not available to children (persons under the age of 19) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended MavenFair members. If you are a under the age of 19, you can use this service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you do not qualify, please do not use MavenFair. Further, your MavenFair account (including feedback) and User ID may not be transferred or sold to another party. If you are registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.
In consideration of your use of MavenFair.ca, you agree to:
- provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the site ("Registration Data");
- maintain the security of your password and identification;
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to MavenFair, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and
- be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
All content on MavenFair.ca and available through its services, including designs, text, graphics, logos, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the "Site Content"), are the proprietary property of MavenFair, its users or its licensors with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without MavenFair's prior written permission, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below) that you legally post on the site.
SITE CONTENT RULES & REGULATIONS
Be mindful about the information or image files you post on the site. MavenFair assumes no responsibility or liability for the material that may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit content. If you are aware of misuse of the site or services of MavenFair by any person at any time, please contact MavenFair immediately. MavenFair in its sole discretion, reserves the right to remove, reject, refuse any posting by users and members, or suspend, or terminate their access to any of the Services at any time, for any or no reason without prior notice.
Unauthorized use of any content or link in connection with any commercial activities without granting approval from MavenFair is prohibited, including collecting usernames, email addresses, product content of users or members. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the content or member profiles without notice. Legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the MavenFair services.
MavenFair does not own any rights in the text, file, images, photo, video, music, or any other materials that users post to the site. Users or members continue to retain all ownership rights to their posted content in any way they prefer. You represent and warrant that the posted content does not violate the privacy rights, copyrights, publicity right or any other rights of any person or company. MavenFair services contain content of users, members and other licensors, that you may not copy, duplicate, modify, translate, publish, display or sell any content through the MavenFair service, unless authorized by the site.
MavenFair may delete any content that violates this Agreement or that may be illegal, offensive, threaten, harm, or impolite to any person. If at any time MavenFair chooses to monitor for inappropriate content or conduct, MavenFair assumes no obligation to remove any inappropriate content or conduct and no responsibility for the users posting any such content.
You are solely responsible for the content that you post on any of the MavenFair services, and any information that you sent to other members or users. MavenFair does not have any control over the content and the content is not necessarily reviewed by the site before and/or after posting and does not reflect the opinions of MavenFair.
The following is a partial list of the content that is prohibited to post or list on MavenFair.ca. MavenFair reserves the right to take any necessary legal action against those who violate this agreement.
MavenFair reserves the right to remove any listings from our marketplace without prior notice should we determine that these listings are in breach of any law or MavenFair policy. Multiple or excessive violations of our terms and conditions may lead to expulsion from our marketplace.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
CONFLICT OF TERMS
If there is a conflict or contradiction between the provisions of these website terms and conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module of the website shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. MavenFair collects, uses and discloses your personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) and other applicable legislation. MavenFair does not sell or rent personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. Registered users can access and modify personal information.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
In no circumstances shall MavenFair, its Directors, officers, employees or contractors be responsible or liable for any loss or damages whatsoever, including (without limiting the generality of the foregoing) any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, arising from or in connection with your use of, access to or your reliance on, or your inability to use or access, this Site, any contents of this Site, any external links on this Site, any website linked to this Site, or any contents thereof, or any website linking to this Site, or any contents thereof.
You will indemnify and hold MavenFair (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable lawyers’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this agreement, your use of our services, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release MavenFair (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents) from claims, demands, and damages (whether direct, actual or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favour at the time of agreeing to this release.
Any provision of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices, which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to being void, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as void and the remaining provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall remain in full force and effect.